Friday, March 6, 2009

What I am not purchasing in the Obama Bear Market


I'm a bit of an astronomy buff. With some of the success I've had in my online business, I've been debating buying this -- the Celestron CGEM 1100 - 11” Schmidt Cassegrain on CGEM Equatorial Mount. It's $3,000.00.

Now if I bought that, I'd also need a 12 v battery pack to run it. $100. And 3-4 1.25" eyepieces. Call it $100 each.

So in normal times I would have sent Celestron around $3500, or $4,000 if they collect sales tax.

This is one of the purchases I am putting off indefinitely. Obama has scared me with his radicalism. With his endless babbling about health care and cap and trade schemes in the midst of a terrible recession.

A big reason why things are getting markedly worse is that people are not spending money. Obama is contributing to fear and panic by not focusing like a laser on the banking and financial crisis.

And guys like me with money in the bank are delaying major purchases. I have seen the future by watching Obama in action and it ain't looking bright any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. No, you need to buy it now. You must have this telescope. Oh yes, it will be yours.

    ReplyDelete